At Bury C of E Primary School,
We love one another and are forgiving of each other,
just as in Christ God forgave us.
We speak the truth in love and show proper respect to everyone.
This is an invitation to ‘Be More Jesus’.
Love: Dear friends, let us love one another for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:7-8
Forgiveness: Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:31-32
Honesty: Speak the truth in love Ephesians 4:15
Respect: Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers (…) 1 Peter 2:17
We wanted to take this opportunity to welcome all the Year 3 children and families into our class this year. We hope that you find all the information you need here but if you want to find out more, please check out the rest of our school website and our school Twitter account. As always, we are here to make this a memorable year for your child, so never hesitate to contact us.
Class Teacher: Miss C Buchan
Please see our yearly curriculum overview to find out what your child will be learning this year.
Homework runs Friday – Friday. It is absolutely vital that your homework is completed on time and completed at home. Reading is the corner stone of everything we do, so it is vitally important to hear your child read most nights!
In Year 3, the children are expected to:
- Read at home daily (comments should be recorded in their reading record).
- Complete 30 minutes of Times Tables Rockstars.
- Practise their spellings in preparation for their spelling test every Friday morning.
- Your child may choose to bring fruit or vegetables for a break time snack.
- Our PE day is Thursday. Your child needs to come into school wearing their PE kit on their PE days.
- The children will need their own water bottle in school. Please make sure that they are clearly labelled.
- Please label all uniform/coats/shoes to ensure that it is identifiable and can be returned to the correct owner.