We are extremely proud of our school uniform and believe that it strongly encourages a sense of pride and belonging to our Bury School family.
School uniform consists of:
- royal blue sweatshirt/cardigan with or without logo
- white/pale blue polo shirt with or without logo
- grey/black trousers/shorts/skirt
- plain black school shoes
- blue and white checked dresses may be worn
PE uniform consists of:
- royal blue sweatshirt/cardigan/fleece with or without logo (this can be their school top)
- black/blue shorts (as close to knee length as possible)/jogging trousers
- plain t-shirt (no branding/logos/slogans) – this can be white or house colour
- plain coloured trainers, preferably black or white
- black/navy tracksuit top (no branding/logos/slogans)
- football kits and hoodies should not be worn
- Children are encouraged to wear a watch; however, this is not mandatory.
- Bracelets, necklaces, and rings are not to be worn in school (including charity wristbands).
- Earrings are permitted, but must be one small stud per ear.
- Earrings should not be worn on P.E. days. If your child forgets to remove them, they must be removed by the child (not by staff) for PE. If this is completely unavoidable, they should be taped before coming into school. No responsibility can be taken for the custody of items when they are necessarily removed for PE.
- Make up, temporary tattoos and nail varnish may not be worn to school.
- Hair accessories can be worn but should be kept to a minimum e.g. plain alice bands, small slides and/or bows. No responsibility can be taken for the custody of items when they are necessarily removed for PE.
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Headscarves/hijabs may be worn for religious reasons.
- Children in KS2 may choose to bring in a pencil case for the classroom. These
must be small enough to fit in their tray and may contain pencils, rubber, pencil sharpener, small
ruler, and pencil crayons. Please do not send in any gel pens, felt tips, highlighters, tippex or
compasses. Please note, this is optional.
Where can I buy school uniform?
School uniform with the school logo is sold directly via our supplier, Price & Buckland. Please visit their website, by clicking on the button below, to place orders and have items delivered directly to your home. There is also the option to have items delivered free to school - these will be delivered on the first and fourth Monday of each month.
A small selection of uniform is still available to purchase from the school office, while stocks last. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and pricing. FoBS (Friends of Bury School) also hold a range of pre-loved uniform items in the main foyer of school (feel free to pop in and have a browse at any time during school hours) - cash donations for any items taken will be gratefully received.
School uniform without logos can be purchased from a range of high street and online stores as well as second-hand retailers.